Basic phones don’t get filtered – they get Koshered. Huh? What’s the difference? The difference is filters are removable, and are customizable. Koshered means permanent, and not customize able. In most cases Koshering involves a brand new operating system. As a result all information will be lost.
In general, there are 2 options in Basic Phone Koshering.
- Talk only. This means no camera, no music player no SD card.
- Talk and text – No email and no video playback yes camera and SD capabilities.
Email is ONLY available on a couple of flip phones.
- VN220 (Exalt LTE)
- Kyocera Dura XV
At&t, T-mobile, Cricket, Ultra Mobile,H2O, Metro PCS and others
- UN220 and AN220 – (same as Exalt LTE) –
- NUU: (quality not as good as Schok or Exalt)
- Schok: Unlocked for AT&T T-Mobile
and other carriers on those networks. Can be Koshered by TAG offices in Flatbush, Boro Park, Williamsburg, Lakewood .
- Coolpad Snap – AT&T version only! (quality not as good as Schok or Exalt)
- Alcatel Go Flip, or Flip 2 -(quality is terrible) –
Specific models only! 4044O 4044L, 4044W, 4044C
- Alcatel Smartflip or Flip 3 -(quality is almost as bad )
(4052 models from AT&T, Cricket, T-Mobile, Metro PCS)
Can be made Kosher with a custom Operating System. (Not available by TAG Flatbush)
- LG Exalt LTE (VN220)-
TAG can reliably remove/ block browsers and other issues.
- Orbic Journey V –
Can be done reliable by select TAG locations
- Kazuna E-Talk- NOT RECOMMENDED-(quality is terrible)(F019, F119)
Koshering services available ( at select TAG office Locations: BoroPark, Williamsburg, Lakewood)
- Kyocera Cadence-
Koshering services available ( at select TAG office Locations: Flatbush, BoroPark, Williamsburg, Lakewood)
- Kyocera DuraXV LTE – –Koshering services available
at select TAG office Locations: BoroPark, Williamsburg, Lakewood, Flatbush
- Alcatel 4044T : can be done reliably at select TAG locations. (quality not good)
- Alcatel 4052W has been reported to be available as well. (quality better than 4044T but not good) Check with Sprint to make sure.